Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Dinner with Metasebya

Made plans to take Metasebya our for dinner Monday night. I had hoped to see her a few times before returning to Ottawa Saturday AM. We meet at the lounge in Deker house and head off to Blue Drops for a short visit. We saunter over to Le Grand Reve Belgian restaurant close to Deker. I had quipped earlier in the day that it was probably closed Mondays. Guess what! It's closed :). So ferenge suggests we go to Naklah in Welo Sefer, a muslim Yemeni outlet I am fond of.

We get a ride to Naklah and not long after we arrive, Metasebya announces that she will not eat there (in a muslim establishment that is). We later find out that most (all?) Orthodox Christian habesha would do the same ... I am such an idiot.

We have dinner and a nice visit with her then grab two cabs ... one to take her home, the other goes to TDS. I did not want to ask why she would not eat at Naklah. I found out from Dr. Paul this morning on the way to work it may have something to do with the meat, specifically the way the animal is slaughtered and meat prepared, that leads to their not wanting to consume dishes served at muslim establishments.

I am having lunch with Hiruy the tennis coach today then dinner with Melumabet and Melaku at Sangam for Indian food. I spoke to my Sweet Thing yesterday and she is looking forward to finishing the semester and making plans for the sabbatical next school year.

Melaku is lining up a therapist that I can go see today for some work on my hip that is sore from my fall from the horse Saturday afternoon. I am taking ibuprofen which is helping but it is quite sore when I do certain things like lift my left leg backwards at the knee to climb into the shower.

I made arrangements to take some group tennis lessons at TCWO Saturdays when I get back to Ottawa. 6,900 minutes until my expected touchdown at YOW Saturday evening at 8:30 EDT :).

{{PC O 2orr hk ot Uzzg2g Ygz0xjg4 k1ktotm. Nu2 rgzk igt O igrr 4u0 zngz tomnz? PC}} 6

No comments: