Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Unpredictable weather

It's odd how the weather, according to habesha, has become so weird. This is still supposed to be the dry season, changing to the rainy one in early August. Having been in Ottawa two of the supposed four months of warm weather last year, I remember how perpetually rainy and cool it was. I must have used the pool a lot less the summer of 2009 than the the previous five years we have been on Wolverton.

I am wary of the stories of global warming and the effect it will have on the climate and the sea level. This "scare" I believe is somewhere between what we are being told and a huge overblown fabrication of the big businesses that could stand to profit (in the short run) from the proliferation of this phenomenon. There is no doubt that we are all experiencing extreme weather which may end up being the ultimate disaster that we hoist upon ourselves by our continued dependence on carbon-producing fossil fuels.

Dinner is shaping up nicely tonight with a gang including Melaku naturally and Bill W. We are off to Caminietto for Italian and there are 2 items on the menu which fascinate me ... one is called "Spaghetti Bitch" as I may have mentioned before and the other is an ironic misspelling of "Assorted" ... "Assortitti"; I think I'll have both :) I spoke to my Sweet Thing today and the excitement of being back home is building. Nine months (off and on but mostly on) away from home is a strain. I have every indication that things are picking up work-wise in Canada. I look forward to being 0-400 kilometres away from home rather than the 8,000 I am now.

I am taking my "class" for Chinese tomorrow at lunch. Then Friday I am going to the fish dive in merkato with Tagel that he turned me on to last fall. It is a fitting way to end this leg of my stay in Ethiopia ... sort of where it started - hanging out with Tagel :).

1 comment:

Nadeem1414 said...

http://www.enews.pk i have visited to this site and found to get the latest up date which is very informative weather up date.