Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Good Friday

The government is off tomorrow for probably the biggest holiday of the Christian Orthodox year. I was thinking of going to church with Melaku before I found out it went from 5:30AM until 9AM. As is the case in schull, there are times when one cannot come or go from the sanctuary. I was told the times that is in effect are significantly longer than is the case in my faith.

It has been unusually wet here lately, with some torrential downpours having been hoisted on this berg once a day at least every other day for the past 10. I had a meeting late yesterday evening with a contact in Toronto for some work. There is nothing definite, so in the contracting world, there is basically "nothing".

The Sabres are pulling away from the Sens. I just wish we had back-to-back games or something with them to quickly gain some ground. We are heading for 5th place in the conference which works for me. Naomi is staying another year in Korea and will be home in Ottawa the third week of May. I would love to see her if I manage to be there :). I found out what the ManU supporters' pub is in Ottawa and may go there for some ball when I return.

1 comment:

Ben J. Abbey said...

Where's the Manc pub here?