Wednesday, March 31, 2010

April already!!

My departure date from Ethiopia rapidly approaches. There is quite a hustle bustle at work while I finish up the DBA training. I am working with 3 very bright and keen individuals which is rewarding. Melaku gave his notice at Dulcian Ethiopia today and is moving on to other employment. I hops to see him tomorrow for lunch. It is a big holiday here Friday but ferenge-a-Michael will be working.

I am madly learning the songs from Dylan's Blonde on Blonde offering and was Queen Jane Approximately'ing for quite a while before the conference call I just had with someone in the GTA. The Sens .. 5 straight! Say what? They need 1 or 2 more points with the current 8th place team's co-operation to clinch a playoff berth. The Ileana flag was yellow since Monday but is now light green again.

At pesach my thoughts inevitably turn to my father Sydney who so enjoyed taking familiar sayings and twisting them around into comical similarities ... he had one where the punch line was "Why is this knight different than all other knights" when one waxes poetic at the pesach time of year. I have always said that 50% of my material is my own and the other half is a toss-up between Sydney Abbey and Jay Leno. The latter quipped one night on his show how he knew a couple in NYC and the wife was from Jerusalem. The husband was studying Talmud. With all that said, they were not members of the tribe, but sort of Jew-ish :). One of my Dad's best was "Hey America's a great country, just ask them ...".

No comments: