Saturday, March 13, 2010

Oy vay!

So hard-core Sex in the City bunnies may remember that Charlotte married a Jewish guy and was immensely enjoying Judaism and what little Hebrew she was able to pick up. I do not remember the circumstances, but one day something happened that led to her exclaiming "Oy vay!!!" This was followed by excitement and tingling as she then claimed "I said my first Yiddish sentence".

Well after meeting the owner's wife at Blue Drops, I spoke with her father today and he now has my number and will get in touch and take me to the synagogue. I impressed him with what little Hebrew I know and admitted "sheket b'vakashah" is my most familiar sentence ("quiet please" for any non-Hebrew speaking readers :)). It did take me almost 6 months to finally make contact with MOT but that's not too late.

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Paddy told me today that he could "feel you back in Ottawa"! When I informed you were not in fact back yet, he informed me that it's a sign you are returning soon.
Sean had a gig on Friday, you would have been proud, they did great. The video will be posted on Facebook soon.