Monday, March 15, 2010

On the road again

I am moving again tomorrow. After 6 nights at TDS I decided I could do better due to two things:

1- I am on the street, a very busy one at that. Even though the traffic noise does not keep me from getting to sleep, it does in the wee hours of the morning, say any time after 5AM. I cannot get back to sleep if I happen to wake up. Bole Gambia as is one of the 2 busiest through streets that lead from the airport to the northern part of the city.

2- The bathroom smells of mold/mildew. I mentioned it to the manager and he thanked me for that information. The walls and floors need a scrubbing with bleach or some such agent to stop the growth of the bacteria. Until that is done, occupant of room 103 suffers.

The new digs (week of March 15 version that is) are in the Mimosa hotel not far from Dr. Paul's hacienda. It is a real suite with a sitting/eating area and a king-size bed. It is on the 3rd floor of the Mimosa hotel in an area of town called Tele Bole. It is also 63 USD per night easily in my budget, 12 more than I paid at Deker and 6 less than TDS.

I met with Dr. Paul today to discuss deliverables and a few are hitting the street in the next few days. I also had a follow-up meeting with the contact in Toronto for some work for Bell Canada. My Sweet Thing had a lovely time in Tremblant and the mercury now is now peaking in Ottawa at the start of double digits.

1 comment:

Ben J. Abbey said...

We are really rooting for you to come home.