Thursday, March 11, 2010

Signs it is improving

There seems to be a lot of activity in the contract world back in Ottawa. I have had a number of email chats with people over the past few days. But as that old cliche goes, "it ain't over 'till the skinny man sings". It appears more and more every day that MoFED could easily do without my services past April 16. I know Dr. Paul for one sees no need for me to be here past that date.

So my attention turns to Melaku. Dr. Paul just hired another lady to work at the compound and the plan it to get Melaku over there to meet her. He seems to like habesha in short skirts for some reason. Melaku is off tomorrow and we are going to chat about doing something over the weekend.

I am at Blue Drops and a habesha guy walks in, and is not served right away so starts tapping on the table until he is attended to. He treats the servers the same way when it is time for the bill. He must be the only person in the restaurant, deserving the un-divided attention of all the staff at the expense of the other clientele. As I have alluded to before, some habesha are so impatient it borders on rude. Every time this topic comes up around my habesha friends they agree 100%. Another Friday looms on the 'morrow ... yay!!!

No comments: