Tuesday, March 23, 2010

MultiChoice Ethiopia

I met the owner from Blue Drops about 8:15 this morning and we went to get his DStv receiver smart card re-activated. We arrived fortunately before the crowds and waited about 15 minutes for our turn. The transaction was long and seemed complicated. The clerk spent some time re-programming the smart card and updating the software on the receiver. I should have known that I would need photo ID to use my VISA in Addis, but did not take anything :). After we were done, we stopped at TDS so I could get a photocopy of my passport. I am at work later today and the whole transaction start to finish was, in western standards, very very long but in Ethiopia, was relatively quick.

I am hoping to avail myself of the newly activated card tonight by watching Barclays at 9PM play the Wolves. There is Chelsea tomorrow so I hope his DStv works again ...

No comments: