Monday, March 1, 2010

Golden opportunity

So I deliberately fight sleep for a few hours last night to be able to stay up until 11:15 my time to watch the Canada/USA men's hockey gold medal game. I knew I had enough time on my internet card for the 1st period. Also, yesterday being the last day of the month, I knew something would happen to the money on the card as the new month arrived.

There is a 450 birr minimum on the card though since ETC does not do this by credit card, I did not know how that would be enforced. So I watch the first period and Canada goes up 1-zip. Like that! Then I disconnect during the break as it is silly to chew up time for banter and commercials.

So I hook up for the 2nd period just as the puck drops. A minute later the transmission rate indicator goes to 0kbps as the screen freezes. Uh-oh the roll over has occurred. I call in as usual and find that the card balance is -375 birr. So that's how they do it. At 12:01AM in a new month, the balance goes to -450 birr and has to be returned to 0 to use.

I only have 225 birr worth of cards so put them on bringing the balance to -150 birr so I cannot watch anymore ... bummer. I sent text to ST and retire. I prance out of bed the second the alarm sounds and discover a 1-0 OT win for Canada. Sweet!

Good old Cindy Crosby ... nhl.com has the nerve to tell Paul Henderson (the hero of the 1972 series with Russia) to move over for the new hero of Canadian hockey. Why can't Henderson still be revered as a hero alongside CINDY instead of being replaced by Cindy :).

4 {{PC Hmh 2sy 0exgl xli ksph qihep keqi? 0L2 rsx vitp2 xs wsqi sj qmos0ef2'w uyiwxmsrw PC}}

No comments: