Sunday, February 28, 2010

Football, football, football

Interesting what I have found to pass the time in Addis. I went to Blue Drops today to check the TV guide to see when Barclays Premier league games were on today. I ran into a Liga game from Spain between Madrid and another team and it was great football. I parked myself and watched the balance of the game. I then channel-hopped to S7 and found the men's final from an ATP event in Acapulco Mexico. The court as well as the surroundings were all that orange clay colour. Except in this case, the orange was brighter than what I am used to. the ball was hard to see :) It was between 2 Spaniards and was good tennis. Shortly after it ended, I returned to station S3 and found a Barclays game! Huge ...

I watched Tottenham Hotspur play Everton and it was entertaining. Then the main event came on as a few more people sauntered into Blue Drops ... ManU against Aston Villa for the Carling cup. Manchester United won 2-1 and it was great. I will have to look up the significance of the Carling cup. One of ManU's best players, much to the relief of Aston Villa, was not in their starting lineup. Well through the second half, said player, Wayne Rooney, comes into the game and not long thereafter heads what turned out to be the winning goal into the the goal. I have plans to watch the men's hockey gold medal game at 11:15 tonight on my SlingBox. My ST will be watching too ... love that girl.

No comments: