Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Vancouver 2010

I stumbled into some Olympics highlights on one of the SuperSports feeds last night while at Blue Drops. I saw the highlights of many many events, and was especially in awe watching some of the mogul runs. My knees hurt after the participants finished from just watching them. The US ambassador just showed up at MoFED for some meetings amidst much fanfare and security. My office window looks out on the main entrance to the MoFED headquarteres and I could go on for a few weeks reminiscing about what and who I have seen go in and out of the building.

I printed off my Abbey Seein' Ya BLOG and will get the resultant 152-page hard copy spiral bound. It's great reading and I chuckle when I re-live some of my experiences from the first leg of this adventure. I ended up at one of mf favourite hangouts last night for dinner and it is always such a pleasure filling up on vegetables. Their hommous rivals Mrs. A's (Ayoubs, a corner store that was around my house on Chapel St.), and the tabbouleh was scrumptious not to mention the warm middle eastern naan (I am sure there is a better and more traditional name for this stuff). It was with disappointment that I found out the bank machine near the office is permanently out of service. I was not looking forward to always having to go into the bank in person. As it turns out, there are at least two other ATM's that I can use not that far from the office. When I opened the account at COmmercial Bank of Ethiopia in August I was told the card would ONLY work at the one branch. I guess that has changed ...

No comments: