Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Quite a feet :)

I had a nothing evening Monday night which is always good. When I returned from the office, I was trying to decide whether to go for a long brisk walk for exercise or go to the gym. The decision was not complicated as I like the former and not the latter. I tend to take shortcuts at the gym since I dislike being there so much. So I donned my hiking boots for support, and headed off at a very brisk pace. By Edna mall I was sweating buckets. I went to Friendship mall and had a look around the supermarket in the basement for a few minutes. I then headed down Bole Africa to Novis supermarket where I was accosted by habesha who turned out to be Melaku. We visited and chuckled there for a while and he suggested I buy local cheese next time since it is a fraction of the price of imported. We strolled together to Fantu supermarket then parted ways. He was off to Friendship to meet friends. I hoofed it back to Deker at a feverish pace and spent 15-20 minutes cooling down from my walk.

I had hoped to catch some of the Olympic highlights on the TV at Blue Drops but there were none to be found. DsTV coverage is very sporadic at best. Good old Steve Baker suggested checking with the Canadian embassy which I just did and they have no plans to organize anything. I guess I am out of luck. I could always get the unlimited coverage on my EVDO card and watch the Sling but it's too complicated. I am not as big a fan of winter as summer Olympics so will just have to do without. My foot felt fine during the walk last night and OK today as well.

No comments: