Thursday, February 18, 2010

The return of the Doc

Dr. Paul gets in early evening tomorrow from the US. my ST was kind enough to Fedex him a few things for me, including my light cotton vest that it will be especially nice to have back. It also includes the pillows for my CPAP mask that I have not been using since I returned to Addis om the 3rd. last but not least are two music stand clips that are a must to hld my Beatles songbook open as it is bound like a pocket book. That is by far the most inconvenient packaging for a songbook 'cause it will not lie flat on the stand.

Ended up at Blue Drops tonight and stumbled into a tennis match from a tournament in Memphis TN. It was 2 unknowns (at least in my narrow field of recognizable tennis players) but entertaining none the less. Just when it got started there was one of those lingering power outages that are so common in Ethiopia. Their frequency I have been told falls far short of what it was a few years ago where they were noticeably more common and long lasting.

I will go to the Dulcian compound after work tomorrow; no brisk walking tomorrow. Again I worked up quite a sweat marching down to Kazanches and back after work today. Habesha looks at me like I am from another planet :) As if wearing a sleeveless t-shirt (from MEC), shorts, and a Nike bandana is any more odd than some of the garb they are out in. For example, a car blanket wrapped around one's upper body with disheveled green shorts and a ragged cotton top with some familiar saying like "Run in the wild" emblazoned across the chest is any more normal than my get-up :).

The weekend ... good question. Nehemia broke a string on his guitar so not sure if we will jam this weekend; stay tuned ...

No comments: