Tuesday, February 2, 2010

First leg

The flight from Toronto was long. I asked at the gate for exit row which naturally was already taken. I did chat the agent up and manage to get my seat moved to row 20 which was completely empty. I fiddled with the double arm rest between the two middle seats and was quite disappointed to find they did not hinge up. Had that been the case, I would have grabbed the row by lying down after takeoff. Sadly, that was not the case and someone grabbed the seat at the far end of my row after the seatbelt sign was extinguished.

I watched a terrible Sandra Bullock movie called The Proposal. Why would I watch some of her crap when other perhaps finer were available? Good question. They had a "nice feature" such that when an announcement was being made, the movie continued to play, unlike some other systems where the movie pauses any time the PA is being used. So after the announcement I re-wound a bit to see what I had missed and ended up at the start of the film again.

As per Ileana's feedback, the food was good as expected. After the movie the lights were dimmed and I settled in for a sort-of-good-night's sleep. The 5 hours between the end of the movie and landing I probably slept between 3 and 4. I am sitting in the Istanbul airport now, eyeing the departure screens to see what gate my flight to Addis will leave from. It is just over 6 hours which will be a treat after that 10 hour job from YYZ.

2 {{PC Rcffz ... K okuu cntgcf0 ... ygv mkuugu htqo okmqycd0. PC}}

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Paddy says; "I miss them too!" That was hard!
We all miss you and can't wait to hear about more adventures...