Sunday, February 14, 2010

A job inte______

Dr. Paul is looking for a security guard for his new house. They recently found out that one of the guards that already works at the new house has a substance abuse problem, hence the hunt for new help. Once this week when leaving Deker, one of the guys at the bottom of the stairs just before leaving the edifice told me his son was looking for work as a guard. I told him I would keep my ears open.

So I speak to the father, who turns out to be the brother, this morning and find out Marou (as it turns out his name is) will be here all day. Half-way through a brief interview, Marou, who understands no English, is given a tray of cake to carry to the back of Bilo's and leaves. This is my first experience with a job applicant leaving half way through an interview; it gets even better ... this guy did not even know he was having an interview :). The next interview is with his brother there who speaks some English and Marou actually stayed for the whole interview this time. Further conversation will be had tomorrow ... yet another Ethiopian moment.

No comments: