Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Keen senses

I have always wondered about how habesha gets around at night when it is so dimly lit on the streets of Addis. For a long time after I arrived last August, i used a flashlight to navigate the streets around Deker. I have become better as I get used to the dim surroundings but still welcome the assistance a flashlight has to offer from time-to-time. The rough cobblestone thoroughfares are the worst, poor lighting making them even more difficult to traverse.

I just visited the developers at RSU and they were crowded around Nehemiah's screen getting a demo of some of the features in the new reporting system. From where I was positioned, about the same distance as the others, I could not see what was on the screen even with my reading glasses on. This is yet another example of their keen senses.

I do wonder about their hearing ... when strolling by a music store, there is always a speaker strategically positioned outside their front door so as to be a bazillion decibels as pedestrians pass by. Maybe it isn't as good as their sense of sight. Rain rain go away ... it is wet again here today and cool'ish as well. I was going to go to Dr. paul's new digs after work but it is so wet I would not want to be walking home un-protected. Melaku and I are speaking about going to see some music tonight. The Ileana flag is back and is green.

4 {{PC Irns2mrk er2 izirxw mr xli Sp2qtmgw sv xss qygl lsqi0svo? PC}}

No comments: