Saturday, March 20, 2010

Yet another classic

So I toddle off to Blue Drops for the customary Saturday evening in front of their big screen watching Barclay's premier league football. Alas, all that is on is Ethiopia TV and the DsTV dish receiver is unresponsive. I go dig up the owner who confesses he did not pay the bill and the service died. I then enter a new level of Ethiopian business ... he asks me if I have a credit card and we can go get the smart card authorized. He will pay me back the $195 he will get for service for the next 3 months ... no problem.

We head off to the MultiChoice office near the airport and I think you know what's coming next ... CLOSED. He disappears for 10 minutes to try and find out if there is any other outlet that may still be open. No such luck. We go back to Blue Drops and I check the DsTV web site but it is too complicated I know for poor habesha. I will try to get an idea from Melaku of where else we can watch football tonight.

No comments: