Friday, March 19, 2010

Sound of music

It was a fun Thursday night for this ferenge. First stop was the Italian restaurant that Melaku has taken me to many times. We sat close to the fire place which was nice. I had lamb and could not finish it all. I got quite a kick out of something we saw on the menu called "Spaghetti Bitch". I wonder what it was; we could not order it since they were already out. I guess with a dish with such a lovely name, it is bound to sell out quickly.

Then it was off to Club Alize for acoustic jazz. There were to drummers, one beating his hands on some local skins, the other a traditional kit. The front man was playing a mandolin and there was guitar, clarinet, and upright bass as well. The tunes were great and I especially enjoyed the Amharic ones they did. The club was busy but not really really crowded as it can get on Friday nights. I was home and crashed by midnight and a pleasant time was had by all ...

1 comment:

Ben J. Abbey said...

HAHAH Spaghetti Bitch!